The Box Elder Family Support Center appreciates the opportunity to provide the families in our communities with a wide range of parenting resources to help them create nurturing home environments. We believe strongly in the importance of helping parents develop healthy relationships, positive communication skills, effective discipline strategies, enjoyable traditions, and much more as they fulfill the most important responsibility they will ever have! Please explore the websites and resources listed below for useful parenting support:
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child: The Heart of Parenting, by John Gottman
- The Whole Brain Child by Daniel Siegel
- Find fun crafts and family activities, with holiday and seasonal themes, at www.Spoonful.com.
- Bear River Heath Department: www.brhd.org/.
- Bear River Mental Health Services Inc: www.brmh.com/.
- Care About Childcare USU Serving Box Elder, Cache, Rich: http://www.careaboutchildcare.usu.edu/
- Find positive parenting tips for children ages 0-17 at www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/childdevelopment/positiveparenting
- Utah County Moms—Good Things are Happening (articles, activities, coupons, ideas, recipes, etc.): www.blog.utahcountymoms.com/
- National Movement for America’s Children: www.movementforchildren.ning.com